Current List of Garden Veggies other than peppers and tomatoes as of
WE ARE STARTING TO SEE SOME FALL GARDEN VEGGIES BECOME AVAILABLE. KEEP TUNED IN TO THIS WEBSITE FOR AVAILABILITY
NO ONLINE SALES OF VEGGIES-----WE CANNOT HOLD PLANTS
WE CANNOT CHECK REALTIME INVENTORIES OVER THE PHONE
MORE VARIETIES ARRIVING SOMETIME NEXT WEEK
BRUSSELS SPROUTS OUT
'AMBROSIA' OUT : Ambrosia cantaloupe is a popular variety known for its sweet, juicy, and fragrant flesh. It has a round shape and a netted tan-colored rind. The fruit is medium-sized and typically weighs between 3-6 pounds. Ambrosia cantaloupe has a high sugar content and is ready to harvest when the rind turns beige or golden-yellow. It takes about 80-90 days to mature and grows on a sprawling vine that needs plenty of space to grow.
'HALE'S BEST' OUT : Hales Best Cantaloupe is a delicious heirloom melon with sweet and juicy flesh and a ribbed exterior. This medium-sized melon typically grows to 4-5 pounds, making it perfect for summertime snacking, sharing, and use in recipes.
- BURPLESS OUT : Burpless cucumber is a type of cucumber that is bred to be easy on the digestion and eliminate the need to burp after eating. It has a thin, tender skin, juicy and mild flesh, and is typically 8-10 inches long. This cucumber variety is suitable for salads, sandwiches, and pickling.
- 'BUSH PICKLE' OUT : Bush Pickle is a compact cucumber variety that produces abundant crops of flavorful and crunchy cucumbers on bushy, compact vines. This easy-to-grow cucumber is perfect for small gardens, containers, and even indoor gardening. With a short maturity period of just 45-55 days, it's a great choice for gardeners looking to get a quick and delicious harvest. Discover the convenience and flavor of Bush Pickle and see why it's a popular choice for any cucumber lover.
- 'CRYSTAL APPLE' OUT : A prolific and sweet flavored cucumber that is shaped like an apple when mature. This historic variety was introduced by the Arthur Yates seed house of Sydney, Australia. By the 1930s, American seed houses such as Ferry Morse Seed Co. offered it. Very tender creamy white skin. Good for market or home gardeners. 65 days.
- 'DAR' OUT : Here’s a gorgeous all-purpose type for slicing and pickling. The plants are of bush habit, usually running no more than 18 inches or so, making them superior for small gardens, containers, or anywhere space is tight. Fruit holds well on the plants, avoiding the need for constant picking. Plants are also tolerant to downy mildew, which is so often a problem in humid summer climates. The bumpy, brightly striped exterior is particularly attractive as well. A superb new Polish variety!
- 'DRAGON EGG' OUT : Beautiful cream-colored fruit is about the size and shape of a large egg! Mild, bitter free, and sweet tasting, this little cucumber sets massive yields in our gardens. So fun to grow, and very unique! Great not only for children, but all who enjoy delicious cucumbers. We were sent this heirloom favorite by Reinhard Kraft, a German seed collector, but this heirloom originated in Croatia.
- ‘MUNCHER’ OUT : A crisp and juicy slicing cucumber that is great for fresh eating, salads, and pickling. The fruit is medium-sized, about 6-8 inches long, with a thin, tender skin and small seeds. It has a refreshing flavor and a high yield. Muncher cucumber is an early maturing variety, taking about 50-60 days to harvest. It is also a compact plant that is perfect for small gardens or containers.
- PICKLING OUT : A pickling cucumber is a specific type of cucumber that is grown and used for pickling. It is typically smaller and more uniform in size than slicing cucumbers, with a thicker skin and fewer seeds. Pickling cucumbers have a crisp texture and a slightly tart taste, making them ideal for use in various pickling recipes. They are generally harvested when they are around 2-4 inches in length, and can be pickled whole or sliced.
- 'RICHMOND GREEN APPLE' OUT : Super sweet fruit is crisp, like an apple! A unique heirloom from Australia, where it is still popular. The fruit is the size of a lemon but is of a beautiful lime green color. These are excellent for eating: very mild, sweet and juicy. Hard to find and really fun to grow. Excellent flavor! This is an annual favorite at the Baker Creek farm and is truly bitter free. We eat these green globes skin and all.
- 'SIKKIM' OUT : The historic cucumber of Sikkim. Fat, large fruit can reach several pounds in size. The ripe fruit is a unique rusty red color and is good eaten cooked or raw. In Asia, cucumbers are often stir-fried and are quite tasty. This variety is grown in the Himalayas of Sikkim and Nepal. Botanist Sir Joseph Hooker wrote of it in 1848 while exploring the eastern Himalayas: “So abundant were the fruits, that for days together I saw gnawed fruits lying by the natives’ paths by the thousands, and every man, woman and child seemed engaged throughout the day in devouring them."
- SLICING' OUT : Slicing cucumbers are a popular variety of cucumbers that are grown for fresh consumption. They are typically larger and have a smooth, thin skin. They are usually sweeter and have fewer seeds compared to pickling cucumbers. Slicing cucumbers come in both seedless and seeded varieties and can range in size from small to large. They are harvested when they are fully grown and have a mature flavor.
- SPACEMASTER' OUT : Spacemaster Cucumber is a compact and productive variety that produces sweet, crisp cucumbers on compact vines. This cucumber is perfect for small gardens and containers, matures in just 55 days, and typically grows to 6-8 inches in length. With high yields and disease resistance, it's a must-have for any cucumber lover.
- ‘STRAIGHT EIGHT’ OUT : The 'Straight Eight' cucumber is a popular slicing cucumber with crisp and juicy flesh. It is straight and uniform in shape, with a dark green skin and small seeds. This heirloom variety is disease-resistant and matures in about 58-65 days. It is perfect for salads, sandwiches, and pickling.
- 'TRUE LEMON' OUT : This rust- and drought-resistant, highly productive variety is a popular market cucumber in Australia, where it is also known as Lemon or Garden Lemon cucumber due to its lemon-like appearance when ripe and its slightly citrusy flavor. Easy to digest and well-suited for pickling and fresh eating, it was listed in the 1894 catalog of Samuel Wilson of Mechanicsville, Pennsylvania.
- ‘BLACK BEAUTY’ OUT : A popular variety with large, glossy, purple-black fruits that are perfect for grilling, roasting, and frying. The fruits are typically 6-9 inches long and 3-5 inches in diameter. It takes about 70-80 days for this indeterminate plant to mature.
- 'CALLIOPE' OUT : The "Calliope" eggplant is a small-sized eggplant with a marbled, deep purple skin and white flesh that has a mild, slightly sweet flavor. Its thin skin and firm flesh make it easy to slice and cook, and it is ideal for recipes that call for smaller pieces of eggplant.
- 'DANCER' OUT : The "Dancer" eggplant is a visually striking variety with an elongated shape resembling a dancer. It has a bright purple, smooth and glossy skin with tender, less bitter, creamy white flesh that has a mild, slightly sweet flavor. It is often used for decorative purposes in dishes due to its unique shape and vibrant color.
- 'RUGBY' OUT : 'Rugby' eggplant is an heirloom variety with an oval shape resembling a rugby ball. It has a deep purple, glossy skin and a creamy, mild-flavored flesh. It's a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, and is low in calories. It can be cooked in various ways and is used in stews, curries, salads, and more. It's a hardy and high-yielding variety popular among home gardeners.
- 'SHIKOU' OUT : A popular Japanese variety known for its mild, sweet flavor and tender texture. The fruit is medium-sized with a glossy, deep purple skin and a slightly curved shape. It is typically harvested when young and used in stir-fries, curries, and other Asian dishes. The plant is a prolific producer and has good disease resistance. Days to maturity can range from 60-80 depending on growing conditions.
- 'THAI GIANT' OUT : Thai giant eggplant is a variety of elongated eggplant with green and white stripes. It has a mild, slightly sweet flavor and is used in Southeast Asian cuisine. It can be stir-fried, grilled, or roasted and is a good source of vitamins and minerals. It's low in calories and often used in curries, stews, and soups.
STRAWBERRIES : OUT
- 'QUINALT' OUT : Quinault Strawberry is a popular everbearing variety that produces large, juicy, and flavorful berries. With a sweet aroma and delicate texture, this low-maintenance plant is perfect for fresh eating, jams, and baking. Grow in containers or garden beds and enjoy the sweet taste of Quinault Strawberry all season long.
'SPAGHETTI SQUASH' OUT : Spaghetti squash is a type of winter squash that can be cooked and scraped into spaghetti-like strands. It's low in calories, carbs, and gluten-free. It can be prepared in various ways and used as a substitute for pasta in many dishes.
- 'PETER PAN' OUT : Peter Pan squash is a small and versatile summer squash that is perfect for small-space gardening and container gardening. It has a mild flavor and tender skin that makes it an ideal ingredient for various dishes. The plant is easy to grow and produces high yields throughout the growing season. With its unique shape and vibrant green color, Peter Pan squash is an attractive and delicious addition to any garden.
- ‘YELLOW CROOKNECK’ OUT : Yellow Crookneck Squash is a summer squash with a curved, yellow-skinned fruit and creamy flesh. It has a mild, slightly sweet flavor and can be eaten raw or cooked. The fruit grows to be about 6-8 inches long and 3-4 inches in diameter. It is a prolific producer and has a relatively short maturity time of around 50-60 days.
- ‘YELLOW STRAIGHTNECK’ OUT : Yellow Straightneck squash is a summer squash with a yellow, tapered fruit and a slightly curved neck. It has a mild, slightly sweet flavor and tender texture. It is typically harvested when young and small, around 4-6 inches in length. Days to maturity can range from 42-60, and it is considered a bush-type squash.
- TOMATOES OUT
ZUCCHINI SQUASH: OUT
- ‘BLACK BEAUTY’ OUT: A popular variety of summer squash with a dark green, glossy skin and a firm, creamy white interior. It has a mild, nutty flavor and can be cooked in a variety of ways, such as sautéing, grilling, or roasting. It typically takes around 50-60 days to mature and is a prolific producer throughout the growing season.
- PLAIN ZUCCHINI OUT : A summer squash that is cylindrical in shape and typically has a dark green skin. It has a mild, slightly sweet flavor and a firm texture. It is best harvested when young and tender, around 6-8 inches in length. It typically takes around 45-55 days to reach maturity and is an easy and versatile vegetable to grow in home gardens.
- ‘GREY ZUCCHINI’ OUT: A unique and flavorful variety of zucchini with a distinctive light green or grey skin. The fruit of this plant is typically harvested when small to medium-sized and has a firm texture with a slightly nutty flavor. It is great for grilling, sautéing, or roasting, and is a versatile ingredient in many recipes. Grey zucchini is easy to grow and typically matures in 50-60 days, making it a great choice for gardeners of all skill levels.
- 'STRAIGHT EIGHT' OUT : Straight Eight Cucumber is a classic slicing cucumber that produces long, straight, and uniform fruits with a crisp texture and mild flavor. With its vigorous growth and high yields, this cucumber is perfect for fresh eating, pickling, and salads. Straight Eight Cucumber is also a reliable and easy-to-grow variety that thrives in most climates and soil types. Discover the taste and versatility of the Straight Eight Cucumber and see why it's a beloved favorite among gardeners and cucumber enthusiasts.
SWISS CHARD: OUT
- ‘JUBILEE’ OUT : A popular variety with sweet, juicy flesh and a striped green rind. Ideal for summertime snacking or picnics.
- 'BLACK DIAMOND' OUT : 'Black Diamond' Watermelon: dark green rind, sweet red flesh, 30-50 lbs fruits. Matures in 80-90 days. Thrives in sun, well-draining soil. Perfect summer treat.
- 'CHARLESTON GRAY' OUT :
- 'CHRIS CROSS' OUT : Family heirloom from Montrose, Iowa that was once thought to be lost. The result of a cross between Hawksbury and Dixie Queen made by Chris Christensen in 1950. Reliable yields of 15-20 pound nearly round pale green fruits with jagged dark green stripes. Moderately sweet. 85-90 days.
- 'KAHO' OUT : 'Kaho' watermelon is a Japanese variety that produces round to oval fruits weighing 11-15 lbs, with a striped green rind and sweet, juicy red flesh. The vines can spread up to 6-8 ft.
- 'KATANYA' OUT : A classic icebox melon, sweet and juicy. We love this early-maturing, 10-15 lb. variety that is believed to have roots in Russia. With salmon-colored, crisp flesh and red seeds, this 10-inch diameter fruit is ideal for slicing at picnics.
- 'MOON AND STARS' OUT : Produces large, round fruits weighing 25-40 lbs, with a unique dark green rind featuring small yellow spots (stars) and one or more larger spots (moon). The flesh is red or yellow, sweet, and juicy.
- ‘SWEET CRIMSON’ OUT : Another popular variety with juicy, crisp flesh and a dark green rind with light green stripes. Great for refreshing summertime drinks or desserts.
- 'SUGAR BABY' VERY OUT: 'Sugar Baby' Watermelon can grow vines up to 6-10 feet long, producing small, 8-10 pound fruits with sweet, juicy, red flesh and a thin, dark green rind.