SedgeHammer® Herbicide selectively controls nutsedge in turf and around established woody ornamentals in landscaped areas.
When used as directed, SedgeHammer is one of the most effective products for the control of both yellow (Cyperus esculentus) and purple (Cyperus rotundus) nutsedge in cool season and warm season turfgrasses.
Over the years, SedgeHammer has shown to be safe to many turfgrass species. Unlike other products, SedgeHammer controls sedges where they actually grow, underground, not just the leaves.
How to Use SedgeHammer+
- Open packet and pour into 1 gallon of water.
- Mix the solution thoroughly. One packet will cover 1,000 sq ft.
- DO NOT add any non-ionic surfactant - it is already included in the packet for easy mixing.
- While spraying, periodically swirl or shake the mixture to keep the product evenly distributed in the water.
- Do not store the mixed solution as it will degrade and become ineffective within 24 hours of initiating mix.